How do I find my Dell administrator password?
The Dell administrator password is stored in the CMOS battery, located on the motherboard. It can be accessed with the free software CmosPWD using MS-DOS.
On a computer not in a domain
- Press Win-r . …
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
How do I reset my administrator password if I forgot it?
Method 1 – Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember. …
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.
What is the default administrator password for Dell computers?
Every computer has a default administrator password for the BIOS. Dell computers use the default password “Dell.” If that does not work, do a quick inquiry of friends or family members that have used the computer recently. It is possible that somebody else set the BIOS password to regulate computer usage.
How do you unlock a Dell computer without the password?
Go to Microsoft ‘Recover your account’ page on a device other than the locked laptop. Enter the account details (phone number, email, Skype account) associated with your Microsoft account, then click Next. Verify your identity with the password reset process.
How do you delete an administrator on a Dell laptop?
How to Delete an Administrator Account in Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. This button is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. …
- Click on Settings. …
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select Family & other users. …
- Choose the admin account you want to delete.
- Click on Remove. …
- Finally, select Delete account and data.
How do I login as administrator on Dell laptop?
- Press the Win+R keys together to open the Run dialog box, type lusrmgr. msc and click on OK.
- In the left pane, click on the Users folder, then in the middle pane, double click on Administrator.
How do you master reset a Dell laptop?
First, from the Welcome screen, restart your laptop while holding down the Shift key. This easy combo allows you to access advanced boot menu options. Once the menu comes on, select “Troubleshoot” and click on “Reset this PC.” Here you will erase all data, including the forgotten password, and reinstall Windows 8.
How do I reset my Dell laptop to factory settings?
Be sure you have backed up your files before beginning this task.
- Click Start. …
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.