How do I restore Windows 10 to default Settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I get my computer back to original Settings?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 11?
To reset a Windows 11 laptop or desktop to its factory default settings without losing the files, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click the Recovery page on the right side. …
- Under the “Recovery options” section, click the Reset PC button for the “Reset this PC” feature. …
- Click the Keep my files option.
Does factory reset delete everything on laptop?
During the factory resetting process, your PC’s hard drive is completely erased and you lose any business, financial and personal files that may be present on the computer. Once the resetting process starts, you cannot interrupt it.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 without losing data or programs?
Method 1: Using the “Reset this PC” option
- Right-click on the Windows start button on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to open the settings menu.
- Click “Settings.”
- Click on “Update & Security.”
- In the left pane, select “Recovery.”
- Under“Reset this PC,” click “Get started.”
Will I lose Windows 11 if I Reset my PC?
Resetting reinstalls Windows 11, but lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. You can reset your PC from Settings, the sign-in screen, or by using a recovery drive or installation media.
How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
We’ve updated this with Windows 11 and Android 12 information.
This process will vary depending on the phone model, but here’s how to do so on a phone running stock Android:
- Open Settings.
- Tap System.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data and follow the on-screen directions.
What happens after resetting Windows 10?
This reset option will reinstall Windows operating system and keeps your personal files, such as photos, music, videos or personal files. However, it will remove apps and drivers you installed, and also removes the changes you made to the settings.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop?
The simplest way to reinstall Windows 10 is through Windows itself. Click ‘Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery’ and then choose ‘Get started’ under ‘Reset this PC’. A full reinstall wipes your entire drive, so select ‘Remove everything’ to ensure a clean reinstall is performed.