How do I bring up the taskbar?
- Click a blank portion of the taskbar.
- Hold down the primary mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer to the place on the screen where you want the taskbar. …
- After you move the mouse pointer to the position on your screen where you want the taskbar, release the mouse button.
Where is the Taskbar folder in Windows 7?
Typically, the standard position for the Windows taskbar is along the bottom of your computer screen or desktop, however, you can place the taskbar on the left, right, or along the top section of your desktop.
Move the Taskbar back to the bottom
- Right click on an unused area of the taskbar.
- Make sure that “Lock the taskbar” is UNchecked.
- Left click and hold in that unused area of the taskbar.
- Drag the taskbar to the side of the screen you want it.
- Release the mouse.
Why has my taskbar disappeared?
Press CTRL+ESC to bring up the taskbar if it’s hiding or in an unexpected location. If that works, use Taskbar settings to reconfigure the taskbar so you can see it. If that doesn’t work, use Task Manager to run “explorer.exe”. If that doesn’t work, check for malware and possibly corrupted system files.
Why has my taskbar moved to the side?
If Lock the taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked. You can unlock it by clicking Lock the taskbar, which removes the check mark. Click an empty space on the taskbar, and then hold down the mouse button as you drag the taskbar to one of the four edges of the desktop.
How do I reset my taskbar on Windows 7?
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Click “Properties.”
- Click on the “Start Menu” tab.
- Click the “Customize” button.
- Click “Use Default Settings” and click “OK” to restore your task bar and “Start” menu back to their original default settings.
What is a taskbar in Windows 7?
The taskbar runs along the bottom edge of the Windows screen. Start button and “pinned icons” are to the left on the taskbar. Open programmes are in the centre (with a border around them so they resemble buttons.) Notifications, Clock, and Show Desktop button are at the far right.
- Right-click Start on the taskbar.
- Click Properties. …
- On the Start menu tab, use the Power Button Action list to select the action to use when the power button is pressed.
- Click Customize. …
- Use the options in the dialog box to control the general appearance of the Start menu.