How do I unlock Windows search bar?
Show the search box on the taskbar
- Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
- Select Taskbar items to expand the section, then toggle the Search switch to On.
Why can’t I type in the search bar Windows 10?
Restart Cortana process
Right-click on the Taskbar and open Task Manager. Locate the Cortana process in the Process tab and select it. Click on the End Task button to kill the process. Close and click on the search bar again to restart the Cortana process.
How do I turn on the search bar in Windows 10?
Right click on the empty area in the taskbar. Click Cortana > Show search box. Make sure Show search box is checked. Then see if the search bar shows up in the taskbar.
How do I lock and unlock the search bar in Windows 10?
To lock or unlock the taskbar in Windows 10, do the following.
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- In the context menu, choose Lock the taskbar to lock it. A check mark will appear next to the context menu item.
- To unlock the taskbar, right-click on it and select the checked Lock the taskbar item. The check mark will disappear.
Why is my search bar locked?
The padlock icon on your browser means that you are browsing a secured website. These websites are using HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure), a secure protocol that web servers use to communicate with your web browser.
How do you fix Windows 10 Cannot search bar not working?
Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter
- Select Start, then select Settings.
- In Windows Settings, select Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Search and Indexing.
- Run the troubleshooter, and select any problems that apply. Windows will try to detect and solve them.
Why is my Windows search bar not working?
Go to Windows Settings and then click on “Update & Security.” On the sidebar to the left, select “Troubleshoot” followed by “Additional troubleshooters.” From there, click on “Search and indexing” followed by “Run the troubleshooter.” A new window will pop up, offering several options.
Why is Windows Search Not Working?
When Windows search isn’t working, it’s almost always a simple software problem. The system may just need a restart to get it working again. Other possible causes could be network-related or the search system itself having a service interruption.
How do I restore my search bar?
To get the Google Search bar widget back on your screen, follow the path Home Screen > Widgets > Google Search. You should then see the Google Search bar reappear on your phone’s main screen.