How do I wipe my computer clean and start over Windows 7?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How do I wipe my hard drive Windows 7?
Go to Settings > Change PC Settings > Update and recovery > Recovery. Click Get Started under the Remove everything and reinstall Windows section. Click Next, then choose Fully clean the drive to ensure everything is deleted. Click the Reset button and your drive is wiped, your PC is reset, and Windows is reinstalled.
How do I wipe my computer Windows 7 without a disk?
Method 1: Reset your computer from your recovery partition
- 2) Right-click Computer, then select Manage.
- 3) Click Storage, then Disk Management.
- 3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type recovery. …
- 4) Click Advanced recovery methods.
- 5) Select Reinstall Windows.
- 6) Click Yes.
- 7) Click Back up now.
How do I wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Windows?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I restore my computer to its factory settings?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
Does a factory reset remove operating system?
A factory reset effectively destroys all data stored in the unit. Factory resets can fix many chronic performance issues (i.e. freezing), but it does not remove the device’s operating system.