How do I completely remove a printer driver in Windows 10?
Open Settings>Apps>Apps & Features and click the printer software you want removed. Click Uninstall and follow on-screen instructions to completely remove the printer driver.
How do I completely remove a printer driver?
To completely remove printer driver files from a system:
- Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following: …
- Select the printer driver to uninstall.
- Click the Remove button.
- Select “Remove driver and driver package” and click OK.
Where Are printer drivers installed Windows 10?
Hi, The printer drivers are stored in C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository. I wouldn’t recommend manually removing any drivers, you can try to remove the driver from the Print Management console, go to Start and search for “Print Management” and open it.
To do this:
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers > Device Manager.
- Click Print queues to view the drop-down list. Find your printer model on the list and then right-click on its icon. …
- Go to the computer’s Control Panel and click on Devices and Printers. …
- Reinstall your printer’s drivers.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Restart your computer.
Where are my printer drivers located?
Click on any of your installed printers, then click “Print server properties” at the top of the window. Choose the “Drivers” tab at the top of the window to view installed printer drivers.
How do you update a printer driver?
Update your driver in Device Manager
- Press the Windows key and search for and open Device Manager.
- Select the printer that you’ve connected from the list of available devices.
- Right-click the device and select Update driver or Update driver software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
The error “Printer driver is unavailable” means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. It may also mean that the driver is corrupt and the computer fails to recognize it.