When a computer is starting up, the user can access the Boot Menu by pressing one of several keyboard keys. Common keys for accessing the Boot Menu are Esc, F2, F10 or F12, depending on the manufacturer of the computer or motherboard. The specific key to press is usually specified on the computer’s startup screen.
I – Hold the Shift key and restart
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
The keys that are generally used to open the Boot Menu are Esc, F2, F10 or F12, which relies on the companies of the computers or motherboards.
When should I press F8 on startup?
Boot into Safe Mode with F8
- Restart your computer.
- As soon as your computer boots, press the F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo appears.
- Select Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
- Click OK.
How to enter BIOS without restart the computer
- Click >Start.
- Go to Section >Settings.
- Find and open >Update & Security.
- Open the menu >Recovery.
- In the Advance startup section, select >Restart now. …
- In recovery mode, select and open >Troubleshoot.
- Select >Advance option. …
- Find and select >UEFI Firmware Settings.
How do I start Windows in boot mode?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts. Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started.
How do I access BIOS from command prompt?
Using the Command Prompt in Windows
- Type CMD in the search box. Select Command Prompt or CMD.
- The Command Prompt window appears. Type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion and then press Enter. The string of letters and numbers following SMBBIOSBIOSVersion is the BIOS version. Write down the BIOS version number.
How do I select boot drive in BIOS?
Use the following the steps to configure the boot order on most computers:
- Turn on or restart the computer.
- While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu. …
- After opening the BIOS, go to the boot settings. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order.
What is F12 boot?
The F12 Boot Menu allows you to choose which device that you would like to boot the computer’s Operating System from by pressing the F12 key during the computer’s Power On Self Test, or POST process. Some notebook and netbook models have the F12 Boot Menu disabled by default.
What happens when F8 doesn’t work?
As known, F8 no longer works in starting Safe Mode. But you can re-activate it with the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) Edit command. BCD Edit is a built-in tool to control how the operating system is started. With that, you can re-enable F8 boot menu easily.
What does the F10 key do?
The F10 key is a function key found at the top of almost all computer keyboards. The key is most often used to activate the menu bar or Ribbon of an open Windows application.