Why is quick access not showing?
You can solve the curious case of Quick Access not showing Recent Files in File Explorer by enabling the Jump List option in the Start settings. Additionally, ensure the Recent Files option is enabled in the Folder Options. As a last resort, create a new local user account as administrator to restore the functionality.
Where is my quick access toolbar?
The Quick Access Toolbar can be located in one of two places:
- Upper-left corner, on the title bar. ( default location)
- Below the ribbon.
How do I open quick access on my computer?
If you’d rather have File Explorer open to This PC, on the ribbon, select See more (…) > Options > Open File Explorer to. Then select This PC > Apply. By default, File Explorer opens to Quick Access.
How do I restore quick access in Windows 10?
You can restore Quick Access by clearing the Windows 10 Quick Access history.
- Open Windows search box and type file explorer options.
- Press Enter on the keyboard or select it from result.
- Look for the Privacy section under General tab.
- Make sure both options in this section are checked.
- Click on the Clear button.
What happened to my quick access folder in Windows 10?
To deactivate recent files or frequent folders, go to the View tab and then select Options. In the Privacy section, uncheck the boxes and select Apply. Now, Quick Access will only show anchored folders. (If you turn them on again, the items you previously removed from Quick Access might reappear.)
How do I enable quick access toolbar?
To show or hide the toolbar:
- Click Ribbon Display Options, located in the lower-right below the ribbon.
- In the list, choose either Show Quick Access Toolbar or Hide Quick Access Toolbar as appropriate.
How do I show quick access in File Explorer?
How to show only manually pinned folders to Quick access in File Explorer
- Open File Explorer.
- Click the Options button from the “View” tab. …
- Click the General tab.
- Under the “Privacy” section, clear the Show frequently used folders in Quick access option.