How do I change the boot order on my HP UEFI?
Changing the UEFI boot order
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Order and press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate within the boot order list.
- Press the + key to move an entry higher in the boot list.
How do I change the boot sequence in Windows 10?
How to Change the Boot Order
- Step 1: Turn on or Restart Your Computer. …
- Step 2: Enter the BIOS Setup Utility. …
- Step 3: Find the Boot Order Options in BIOS. …
- Step 4: Make Changes to the Boot Order. …
- Step 5: Save Your BIOS Changes. …
- Step 6: Confirm Your Changes. …
- Step 7: Start the Computer.
Press the power button to turn off the computer, wait a few seconds, and then turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly until the Startup menu opens. Press F9 to open the Boot Menu.
How do I change the boot order in Windows 10 without BIOS?
Windows 10 users, open Settings > Update & Security > Recovery Advanced Startup and click on Restart now. This feature lets you: Boot Windows from a device or disk (such as a USB drive or DVD).
How do I change Windows boot manager?
Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box. On the boot tab, select the desired entry in the list and click the button Set as default. Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.
Where is F2 key on HP laptop?
The F2 key is a function key found at the top of almost all computer keyboards. The key is most often used in Microsoft Windows to rename a highlighted file or icon.
What does F9 do on startup?
F9 = System recovery (will start the recovery from the “hidden recovery partition”.
Can I change boot order without going into BIOS?
Can you change the boot order without BIOS? The BIOS setup utility, which controls how information is passed to various devices in the computer system, is where you change boot order settings. Thus, it is impossible to change the boot order in Windows 7 without BIOS.
How do I change the boot order without a keyboard?
Configure and optimize you computer for Audio. Usually during booting you’d press [Del] and you enter the BIOS screens to change whatever you’d like.
What is the correct boot sequence for a PC?
Here’s the correct boot sequence: power good, CPU, POST, boot loader, operating system.