Go to the shared folder in Ubuntu. right click inside the empty space of the folder and select “open in terminal”. That´s it.
How do I access a network directory in Linux?
Map a Network Drive on Linux
- Open a terminal and type: sudo apt-get install smbfs.
- Open a terminal and type: sudo yum install cifs-utils.
- Issue the command sudo chmod u+s /sbin/mount.cifs /sbin/umount.cifs.
- You can map a network drive to Storage01 using the mount.cifs utility.
Open My Computer and click on the Tools menu option. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
To get access the shared folder:
In Ubuntu, go to Files -> Other Locations. In the bottom input box, type smb://IP-Address/ and hit enter.
Connect to servers in Terminal on Mac
- In the Terminal app on your Mac, choose Shell > New Remote Connection.
- Select a protocol in the Service list.
- Select a shared server in the Server list.
- In the User field, enter a user name, then click Connect.
On a dual booted pc Linux has the ability to see windows/NTFS partition. So when you are booted into Ubuntu you can see the windows partition. You can simply click on that partition icon and it will get mounted in your ubuntu filesystem. Now you can put your files in to this partition and these will be saved.
How do I access the other folder in Terminal?
Navigate directories. Open a window, double-click on a folder, and then double-click on a sub-folder. Use the Back button to backtrack. The cd (change directory) command moves you into a different directory.
Mounting a Shared Folder on a Linux Computer
- Open a terminal with root privileges.
- Run the following command: mount
:/share/ Tip: …
- Specify your NAS username and password.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people. Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
Mounting VirtualBox shared folders on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS
- Open VirtualBox.
- Right-click your VM, then click Settings.
- Go to Shared Folders section.
- Add a new shared folder.
- On Add Share prompt, select the Folder Path in your host that you want to be accessible inside your VM.
- In the Folder Name field, type shared.
How to Create a Shared Directory for All Users in Linux?
- Step 1 − Create the folder to be shared. Assuming we are setting up the shared folder from scratch, lets create the folder. …
- Step 2 − Create a user group. …
- Step 3 − Create a user group. …
- Step 4 − Give permissions. …
- Step 5 − Add users to the group.
Inside the root folder, locate the “mnt” folder and click on it. Then, select the “hgfs” folder. In this folder, you’ll see your shared folder from the Host OS.