How do I fix unmet dependencies in Linux?
Now let us look at the different ways to fix this problem.
- Use -f parameter. Run apt-get install -f to fix broken dependencies in your system. …
- Use aptitude. Aptitude is an alternative to apt-get which fixes unmet dependencies automatically, sometimes. …
- Clear Package Database. …
- Eliminate Held Packages. …
- Disable PPAs.
How do you solve unmet dependency?
Unmet Dependency Errors
Unmet Dependency means that the package you are trying to install is looking for “dependencies” that it cannot find in the current version. The simple way to fix this error is to update the package database, clean out the package cache, and download-and-reinstall the newer version.
How do you fix e unmet dependencies try apt — fix broken install with no packages or specify a solution?
19-4) but it is not going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).
Here’s a simple solution if you have ‘Synaptic’ installed:
- Open Synaptic.
- Go To ‘Status’ (in the left navigation).
- Choose ‘Broken’.
- Remove these broken packages.
How remove all broken packages in Kali Linux?
- Execute the below command in the Terminal to reconfigure all the partially installed packages. $ sudo dpkg –configure -a. …
- Execute the below command in Terminal in order to remove the erroneous package. $ apt-get remove <package_name>
- Then use the below command to clean out the local repository:
How do I fix broken packages dependencies?
How to Find and Fix Broken Packages
- Open the terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard and enter: sudo apt –fix-missing update.
- Update your system’s package list from the available sources: sudo apt update.
- Now, force the installation of the broken packages using the -f flag.
How do I fix unmet dependencies in NPM?
- Manually need to install the top-level modules, containing unmet dependencies: npm install firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Re-structure your package. json. Place all the high-level modules (serves as a dependency for others modules) at the bottom.
- Re-run the npm install command.
How do I resolve unmet dependencies after adding a PPA?
You may want to ignore the first command if you don’t want to delete the installed package.
- sudo apt-get autoremove –purge PACKAGENAME.
- sudo add-apt-repository –remove ppa:someppa/ppa.
- sudo apt-get autoclean.
How do I fix broken packages in Synaptic package manager?
How to fix broken packages
- Choose Edit > Fix Broken Packages from the menu.
- Choose Apply Marked Changes from the Edit menu or press Ctrl + P.
- Confirm the summary of changes and click Apply.
How do you solve unable to correct problems you have held broken packages?
Fix “Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages” error
- Update local package index.
- Remove left-over packages from your system.
- Try to search and install the dependency again.
- Directly install from DEB file.
- Find another installation source or PPA.
- If you see the held broken package error during update try this.
How do I reinstall an apartment?
Installing, removing and upgrading packages
- Installing a package: apt install <package>
- Reinstalling a package: apt reinstall <package>
- Reinstall a package and all dependencies apt reinstall <package> $(apt-cache depends –recurse –installed <package> ||grep ‘[ ]’)
- Removing a package: apt remove <package>
How do I fix the Ubuntu package manager?
If you get the red circle in the status bar, run these commands to fix your package manager:
- sudo apt clean sudo apt update -m sudo dpkg –configure -a sudo apt install -f sudo apt dist-upgrade sudo apt autoremove –purge. …
- sudo apt install –reinstall <packagename> …
- sudo apt purge <package name>
What is sudo apt-get clean?
The apt-get clean command clears the local repository of retrieved package files that are left in /var/cache. The directories it cleans out are /var/cache/apt/archives/ and /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/. The only files it leaves in /var/cache/apt/archives are the lock file and the partial subdirectory.
How update all packages in Kali Linux?
How to Update Kali Linux?
- Step 1: Check the Source List Files. When using the APT package manager to download updates, ensure the system is connected to the accurate remote repository. …
- Step 2: Update Package Manager. …
- Step 3: Upgrade the System. …
- Step 4: Remove Unnecessary Packages.
How do I fix sudo apt-get update?
This error can happen when fetching the latest repositories during ” apt-get update ” was interrupted, and a subsequent ” apt-get update ” is not able to resume the interrupted fetch. In this case, remove the content in /var/lib/apt/lists before retrying ” apt-get update “.