Yes, you can easily use your Android Device Internet connection in your PC with or without using USB cable. An intimate way to share the Android phone’s digital cellular connection is to connect the phone directly to a computer and activate the tethering feature.
Transfer files from Android to PC Wi-Fi – Here’s how:
- Download Droid Transfer on your PC and run it.
- Get the Transfer Companion App on your Android phone.
- Scan the Droid Transfer QR code with the Transfer Companion App.
- The computer and phone are now linked.
Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering. Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB. Important: Some mobile carriers limit or charge extra for tethering.
Can I use my phone as Wi-Fi adapter?
How do I connect a WiFi adapter with a phone? It’s quite not possible, As the operating system needs drivers to Interact with this adapter. And drivers aren’t made foe iOS or Android by any of these manufacturers. Hence If at all you connect the adapter through OTG it stays undetected or unrecognised by the OS.
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. The best success with this operation is when the computer is a PC running Windows.
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item. Internet tethering is activated.
Simply enable Hotspot and then choose the share my internet connection from “Bluetooth.” Now click on the edit button to show the network name and password. You can change the ID and password according to your choice. Go to your Android or Apple smartphone and then choose the network from the WiFi options.
You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing phone’s data this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Most Android phones can share mobile data through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
Can I USB tether while connected to Wi-Fi?
When you get prompted for a USB mode (Connect as), select USB Tethering. If this option is not available, enable it from the Hotspot & Tethering settings inside the Network & Internet system settings. Your Android phone should then automatically tether the Wi-Fi connection to your computer.
How can I connect my PC to Wi-Fi without adapter?
3 Ways to Connect Your Desktop to Wifi Without an Adapter
- Grab your smartphone and a USB cable and turn on your computer. …
- After your computer is turned on, connect your phone with it using the USB cable. …
- Turn on wifi on your smartphone.
- Next, drag down your smartphone’s notification bar and tap on the USB notification.
How do I turn my Android into a WiFi repeater?
Make sure the phone you want to act as a Wi-Fi extender is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Download and install the Wi-Fi Repeater app from the Google Play Store on the phone. Open the app and tap on the large Wi-Fi icon to start the Wi-Fi Hotspot. Take note of the IP address and HTTP Port numbers shown on the screen.